Monday, January 3, 2011

In the Begining

Everyone that really knows me knows I have owned a 1953 Ford F100 pickup since I was 15 years old. Let's just say, it's been a while. Originally "sold" to me, by my uncle Carl, for $30, I never actually paid for it. Instead, I mowed his farm pastures with a 1952 Ford 8N tractor. I think he got the better part of the deal.

Over the years, the truck has been in various states of assembly. I drove it to high school and work a few times, but not very often. Usually it has been together, but not really road worthy. Some times it has been completely disassembled, and even spread across two counties.

I don't usually make new year's resolutions. To me, the year is just a number on the calendar, and a new year is nothing really special. This year, I have decided to paint my truck, license it, and drive it on the street.

I'm going to chronicle the progress here, just in case anyone is interested. If they're not, that's cool too.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment